Health Equity Week: April 2-8, 2023!
Author: Samantha Lew, Harley Webley, & Cristian Corza
The first full week of April is now recognized in statute as Health Equity Week! This week annually reaffirms Connecticut’s commitment to eliminating inequities in health and ensuring all residents have the opportunity to achieve optimal health.
This year, HES will focus our Health Equity Week efforts on the health equity impact of Connecticut’s lay health workers. A “lay health worker” is anyone providing non-clinical health services like a community health worker, doula, or peer support specialist.
Check out our lineup of events:
Health Equity 101 Training Monday, April 3 from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Medical Debt: Details TBD
- Details and registration are coming soon!
Community Health Worker Lobby Day
- Join HES and the Community Health Workers Association of CT at the Legislative Office Building on Thursday, April 6th for a day of advocacy! Let’s come together to urge policymakers to act on Medicaid reimbursement for community health workers. Food and activities will be available and we will wrap things up with a celebration of CHWs in CT! Registration and agenda are forthcoming.
- Registration: coming soon!
In the Media:
More ways to get involved:
- Follow the hashtags #HEW23 #HealthEquityWeek & us on social media! Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram
- LOB Poster Display: Meet community health workers in Connecticut! Check out the concourse display between the Legislative Office Building and the state Capitol all week
- Planning an event? Let us know and we’ll add it to the list above
Thank you to our sponsors: