This year, we are launching Connecticut's 3rd annual Health Equity Week from April 4-10. Health Equity Week is a week-long annual campaign created to raise awareness and start conversations about advancing health equity throughout the state of Connecticut.
Every resident deserves the chance to live and thrive. It was clear before the pandemic, but with the public outcry against police brutality the time to address health equity is now; it is long overdue.
Join us for Health Equity Week:
- Monday, April 5th at 6 PM: a panel discussion to launch Connecticut's 3rd annual Health Equity week: “The Path to Health Equity in Connecticut.” To view the recording, please click here.
- Moderator, Tekisha Dwan Everette, PhD - Executive Director, Health Equity Solutions
- Panelist, Nichelle A. Mullins, JD - President & CEO, Charter Oak Health Center
- Panelist, Steven Hernández, JD - Executive Director, The Commission on Women, Children, Seniors, Equity & Opportunity
- Panelist, Wizdom Powell, PhD, MPH - Director, UConn Health Disparities Institute
- Tuesday, April 6th at 6 PM: A "REL Teach-In" to discuss what race, ethnicity, and language healthcare data is, why it matters, and how we can take action together! Hosted by the Congregations Organized for a New Connecticut (CONECT). To view the recording, please click here.
- Panelist, Victoria Veltri, Executive Director of the Office of Healthcare Strategy for the State of Connecticut
- Panelist, Dr. Gregg Gonsalves, Professor, Yale Law School and Yale School of Public Health
- Panelist, Rev. Robyn Anderson, Director of the Ministerial Health Fellowship
- Panelist, Lorraine Ramsey, Advocate, and Leader with CONECT
- Panelist, Professor Thomas Buckley, Associate Clinical Professor, UCONN School of Pharmacy and Clinical Consultant, Khmer Health Advocates
- Panelist, Rev. Nancy Kingwood-Small, Associate Minister, Mt. Aery Baptist Church
- Wednesday, April 7th at 5 PM: Engaging panel discussion about the COVID-19 vaccine, the myths that are out in the public, and how to access the vaccine. To view the recording, please click here.
- Moderator, NBC CT Dominique Moody
- Panelist, Rev. Y. Trevor Beauford, Union Baptist Church of Hartford
- Panelist, Tracy Johnson Russell, Saint Monica's Episcopal
- Panelist, Carlos Brown, Vice President for Community Health & Well-Being, Trinity Health of New England
- Panelist, Liany Arroyo, Director, Public Health City of Hartford
- Panelist, Michele Scott, Executive Director, Health Education Center, Inc. and Board President, Health Equity Solutions
- Thursday, April 8th at 4:30 PM: A panel discussion about HUSKY health programs with a segment on the COVID vaccine with CT Students for a Dream, Ministerial Health Fellowship, Make the Road CT, & Keith Grant, Senior System Director for Infection Prevention at Hartford HealthCare. To view the recording, please click here.
Health Equity Week Media:
- Tekisha Dawn Everette, PhD, Executive Director of Health Equity Solutions on Connecticut’s Path to Health Equity, CT News Junkie
- By Reverend Robyn Anderson, Executive Director of the Ministerial Health Fellowship (MHF) on There is no equity without standardized race, ethnicity and language data, CTMIRROR
- By Pareesa Charmchi Goodwin is the Executive Director of the Connecticut Oral Health Initiative, Inc (COHI) on Let’s work toward oral health equity, CTMIRROR
Follow us on social media! (Facebook: healthequityct; Twitter: HealthEquityCT; Instagram: healthequitysolutions)
See past engagements with #HEW2021