Health Equity Solutions is Connecticut’s leader in advocacy for transformative, practical changes that enable greater health equity for all. Health Equity Solutions (HES) catalyzes systemic public policy changes that advance and sustain health equity in Connecticut through a non-partisan, collaborative, results-oriented approach.
HES seeks a strong, inspiring professional with non-profit knowledge to serve as its Executive Assistant to the Executive Director. The Executive Assistant with work independently performing a wide range of duties to assist the executive director. The executive assistant will maintain the executives schedule, timesheets and other administrative duties. The position includes hand-on responsibly and the ability to be nimble.
About Health Equity Solutions
HES’ vision is that every Connecticut resident attain optimal health regardless of race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status. Our approach is to
- Identify what works, through research, analysis, and engagement.
- Shape solutions for maximum impact, providing ideas and feedback on policies, regulations, and laws.
- Accelerate the adoption of these solutions, through convening, messaging campaigns, media advocacy, and participation in coalitions, working groups and committees.
Since HES began its work in 2014, it has built a position of respect and influence in health policy conversations in Connecticut. It currently has a staff of seven (the Executive Assistant is a new position in addition to these).
Key Responsibilities of the Executive assistant:
The successful candidate will be an experienced and well organized with a commitment to HES’ mission and a track record of successful at being creative and have the ability to work in a small, non-profit environment that is mission driven, results oriented and community oriented. The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail, the ability to have a one-on one working Executive Assistant report directly to the Executive Director, and also be the primary point of contact for internal and external matters that pertain the office or Executive Director.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director which include managing an extremely active calendar of appointments and completing expense reports.
- Serves as principal contact and source of information for Executive Director
- Accurately record minutes from meetings.
- Making travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries
- Maintaining the current filing and database system, and looking for ways to improve current systems
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming mail, emails, and other correspondence.
- Experience with executive support or administrative support
- Experience in non-profit or corporate setting preferred
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Excellent task management and project management; ability to work towards multiple deadlines
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Digital platforms, word, e-mail, mastering new software as needed)
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Excellent benefits
Location and travel
- The position is located in HES’ Hartford office
- Occasional in-state travel may be required.
Application process and deadline
- Send resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in and qualified for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Application for HES Executive Assistant.
- Position open until filled
- Review of applications will be on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Health Equity Solutions is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a healthy and inclusive environment for our workplace and community.